Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Glitterari

After viewing Jennifer McGuire's video using stencils and glitter, I decided to pull out my much unloved glitter drawer and some other supplies and give it a try.  I thought the techniques would be perfect for some Easter cards for the family.
On this particular card, I actually used a Studio 490 stencil and embossing paste with the glitter....


Ok, on these I used double sided tape sheets, and followed Jennifer's instructions for using stencils with the glitter...I was able to get two for one on these, lol...yeah, free handed the egg, so it's not perfect..and, you can see where the stencil raised up a little on the right card, so the stencil area wasn't well defined.



Love how the stenciled area is well defined on this one.


Haven't done anything yet with this last example, but I had some tape leftover, and while the glitter was out...well, you know.
And yes, it was several weeks ago that I made these, but I'm still seeing glitter pieces around, no matter how careful I was during the process.  I ended up spraying the pieces with a really light coat of Krylon just to make sure more didn't fall off.
I liked using the embossing paste with glitter, but since you can't smoosh the glitter into the paste, you just have to let it dry, and some does fall off after drying, so it's a lighter result than using the tape. But, I like the process..it's a little faster and easier, other than the drying time.
So there you have it! I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh aaaaahhhhh! Love them!

Helen said...

I've never really made Easter cards and usually only get the glitter out at Christmas.... but these look great!

Annette G said...

Great cards and background Lori, especially love the soft colours in the first card.........Annette x

SusanK said...

They are all really neat! I did one but haven't done anything with it. Maybe one day....lol

Marjie Kemper said...

Glad to see you crafting, Lori! Neat technique with the stencils. Happy Easter!

Nancy said...

These are all great! That bunny / egg is too cute! The glitter gives them all a rich, elegant look. Very nice!

Anita Houston said...

WOW!!! This is glitzy fabulous! Happy Easter to you! AND, I am so glad you are still blogging!

Wanda H said...

Wonderful!!! I also have a drawer full of unloved glitter!!