Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tim's Tag for April

Totally unimaginative title, but it gets to the point. lol.

I really loved Tim's tag for April, and ... whoa! I had all the stuff necessary to make one. But instead of making just one, I made several. Used up all the die cut pieces.... almost. 
I have to say, I struggled making the tattered pinecone flowers.  I ended up squirting large blobs of hot glue in the base, to hold it where I wanted, and ended up with slightly burnt fingertips. All of which is my fault, of course.  I love the looks of them, but I think I might stick to the "traditional" way of making layered roses.  Other than that, pretty much followed Tim's example, being as how I liked it so well to begin with.


So, the only difference in the two is the one on the left uses the painted grungeboard die per Tim's instructions, whereas the one on the right is using up the collaged paper grungeboard die cut.  To me, you can hardly tell the difference. Oh, and I forgot to put my string through the hole prior to taking the picture. 
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Annette G said...

They both looks wonderful Lori, great colour scheme. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

SusanK said...

There is NOTHING wrong with your roses! Both tags look fabulous. Maybe give one to mom for Mother's Day?

Helen said...

Love the roses, love the die cuts, love all about these tags Lori!

Dorothy said...

Awesome!!

Artfully challenged said...

Stunning,just ordered this trellis die so hopefully can make something that looks as good as yours!

Donna.x

Debby said...

Nice tags! I have not tried to make roses with that die. I had a hard enough time to create a pinecone way back when I got it. LOL. Lovely tags though!

Anita Houston said...

Love both of these Lori! The colors on the frame die are wonderful!

Wanda H said...

They're wonderful, Lori!!!!

Alison said...

They look fabulous Lori! x

Kathy Eddy said...

These are both great lori! You are way too critical of yourself!

Marjie Kemper said...

So pretty ~ Love the turquoise frameworks on the left and the multicolored version on the right. I am not good with those pinecones!

nightingalehoop said...

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent activity!
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

nightingalehoop said...

Someone necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I’d state. This is the first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit incredible. Magnificent activity!
Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

Candy C said...

Hey Lori...your Tim tags are gorgeous. I didn't get around to making one...shame on me! :) Yours are beautiful. I love both versions. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my CC3C triptych. I hope you'll come over and join us. <3 Candy